As the world moves away from slower USB-A connections and toward this quicker, more flexible connection standard, laptops with USB-C connectors are becoming nearly ubiquitous. Some laptops only have USB-C ports, so if you wish to have more connectivity, you will need a USB-C hub. With all the different options to choose from, finding the best USB-C hub for your laptop or tablet can be exhausting.
Having a USB-C hub with you is also a convenient method to add an HDMI connector, or an SD card reader since these two ports are essential for many people out there. Although Apple introducing the HDMI port and SD card slots in their new Macbook Pro models is a good step, there are still many essential ports that are missing like Ethernet. And this is not just Apple laptops out there, most producers are going towards replacing the ports with USB-C, so the USB-C hubs are becoming a vital accessory.
Knowing how portable you need it to be, your desired data transfer speed, and the specific connections you want can help you narrow down your various alternatives and pick the best USB-C hub. Also, we are here to help you with this decision. Here are the seven best USB-C hubs on Amazon that you can get to make your life easier.
- 1. Anker PowerExpand 6-in-1 – Best USB-C Hub for Traveling
- 2. EZQuest Multimedia Hub – Best USB-C Hub for Simple Workstations
- 3. Anker PowerExpand 11-in-1 – Best USB-C Hub for Dual Monitor Setup
- 4. Kensington SD2500T – Best USB-C Hub for Dual 4K Monitor Setup
- 5. Kingston Nucleum – Best USB-C Hub for Traveling SD Card Users
- 6. Satechi Aluminum Stand & Hub – Best USB-C Hub for Mac Mini
- 7. Baseus Bend Hub – Best USB-C Hub for iPad Pro and Smartphones
1. Anker PowerExpand 6-in-1 – Best USB-C Hub for Traveling
Thanks to its many connections and USB-C pass-through power supply, this Anker USB-C hub packs a punch in a small package. This USB-C hub from Anker packs all the essentials you need despite having a compact and slim design. It will not disappoint you thanks to two USB 3.0 connections, an HDMI port that can output 4K at 30Hz, a power through USB-C port, a USB-C data port, and even a Gigabit Ethernet connection!
Moreover, it is perfect for data transfer as it can transfer with up to 5 Gbps via the USB-C port. It also comes with a travel pouch so you can take it with you wherever you go. This might be the best USB-C hub you can get if you are looking for a slim option with all the essential ports.
- Power Delivery port can be used for fast charging (65W)
- HDMI port allows upt o 4K@30 Hz
- Compact design
- No SD card slot
Seeven Score: 7 / 7
2. EZQuest Multimedia Hub – Best USB-C Hub for Simple Workstations
The EZQuest Multimedia Hub might be the best USB-C hub on the market if you are looking for an all-in-one solution. This compact and travel-friendly hub will get the job done at a low price, all the proper connections to manage more PC peripherals and storage devices, the added benefit of 100W passthrough power delivery, and compatibility with practically every platform.
While the lack of 60Hz support on external monitors and Thunderbolt 4 connectivity make this a device more suited for professionals and casual users, it still provides tremendous adaptability that any laptop user may benefit from.
- Dual SD card slots are usueful for photographer/video editors
- Supports 100W power delivery
- Affordable price
- A bit bulky
- No USB-C data delivery if you use the power through
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
3. Anker PowerExpand 11-in-1 – Best USB-C Hub for Dual Monitor Setup
We have another USB-C hub from Anker on our list. This one is larger and comes with many more useful ports, especially the SD card reader which is crucial for anyone working with a camera. It includes two USB-A 2.0 ports, one USB-A 3.0, one USB-C port for data transfer, one USB-C port for power delivery up to 100W, an SD card slot, a micro-SD card slot, one HDMI 2.0 port, one Display Port 1.4, and a gigabit Ethernet port.
The included travel pouch and the slim design of the hub make it a nice choice for traveling. This might be the best USB-C hub on Amazon for those traveling with cameras and require an Ethernet connection in their offices.
- Comes with a travel pouch
- Dual monitor support
- Headphone jack is also a nice addition
- Fair price
- No support for dual 4K monitors
- USB 2.0 ports are outdated
Seeven Score: 6 / 7
4. Kensington SD2500T – Best USB-C Hub for Dual 4K Monitor Setup
The SD2500T from Kensington is a fantastic little docking station that demonstrates what can be done with just one Thunderbolt 4 connector. Simply connect the SD2500T to your Thunderbolt 4 Windows 10 laptop (or a Thunderbolt 3 MacBook running macOS 11 or later) with the provided adapter to obtain 11 ports for high-speed data, video, and audio.
The single Thunderbolt 4 connector on the front can supply up to 90 watts of power. It can support dual 4K monitors with a 60Hz display, a single 5K monitor with a 60Hz display, or an 8K monitor with a 30Hz display. However, since everything you attach to it demands a lot of power, the dock itself includes a big 180-watt power supply and you need to keep it connected.
This might be the best USB-C hub for those looking to expand the connectivity of their dual-monitor workstation setup.
- Supports dual 4K montior at 60Hz
- Can transfer files with up to 40Gbps
- Thunderbolt 4 support
- Need to connect an external adapter
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
5. Kingston Nucleum – Best USB-C Hub for Traveling SD Card Users
Kingston’s Nucleum is a tiny and elegant USB-C hub. Two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, an SD card, and microSD card slot, one USB-C with 60W pass-through charging, and one normal USB-C port are available on Kingston’s Nucleum USB-C hub. Moreover, the build quality feels solid everywhere even in the cord. The Nucleum is a good hub overall, but it’s a bit expensive given that the pass-through power it provides isn’t as high as other USB-C hubs. Despite having no Ethernet port, this is still one of the best USB-C hubs out there for travelers who need an SD card slot on the go.
- SD Card readers
- Good build quality
- Lightweight and sleek design
- No traveling pouch included
- No ethernet hub
- USB-C pass-through charging is not powerful enough
Seeven Score: 4.5 / 7
6. Satechi Aluminum Stand & Hub – Best USB-C Hub for Mac Mini
We have a USB-C hub that is specifically designed for Mac Mini on the list. Because it was created specifically for the Mac Mini, it has functionality that no other hub can, such as air vents to keep heated chips cool. Moreover, it just extends the Mini’s sides downward, which is not possible with any other hub! It fits beneath the Mac Mini, leaving the surface clean and the size almost unchanged.
While the Type-C Aluminum Stand and Hub for Mac Mini’s functionality meets the demands of Mac Mini customers, it is the outstanding design that really sets it apart. This hub also functions as a stand, which the Mac Mini requires as non-slip feet are really essential for Mac Mini and this is taken care of by the Satechi hub.
This is by far the best USB-C hub for Mac Mini owners thanks to its unique design. There are also other versions of this stand & hub combo from Satechi for iPad, iMac, etc. so make sure to check those versions if you need them.
- Functions as a stand and air vent for Mac Mini
- SD card slots have fast transfer speed
- Comes in two colors to match your Mac Mini’s color
- Using the hub limits the Thunderbolt transfer speed to 5Gbps instead of 40Gbps
- Only one USB-C port
- Can get hot if used with Intel Mac Minis
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
7. Baseus Bend Hub – Best USB-C Hub for iPad Pro and Smartphones
This 6-in-1 USB-C hub from Baseus is designed for iPad Pro but you can use it with a tablet or smartphone with a USB-C port. You can connect with HDMI to use an external display or use an SD card to manage your photos. Moreover, you can charge your iPad Pro or any other device through the USB-C port.
This is the best USB-C hub for those looking to extend the arsenal of their iPad Pro or any other mobile device. It provides all the necessary useful ports that will help you keep organized and increase efficiency.
- Perfect and slim fit for iPad Pro thanks to bend design
- Fast data transfer via SD-card slot
- Can be used with Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Pro
- Can only be used with very thin cases for iPad Pro
- Cannot be used with Magic Keyboard
- Design is weird for using it with other devices than iPad Pro
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
And that’s it; these are the seven best USB-C hubs on Amazon that you can get. Hope this list helped you to pick the correct USB-C hub to make you more productive. Don’t forget to check our list of the best Nintendo Switch OLED cases if you are one of those who use a Nintendo Switch OLED to enjoy their free time.