If you are one of those who use their bike for their daily commute, then you know how important it is to be prepared against the rain. Picking the best waterproof shoe for cycling is vital when it comes to making your daily commuting as comfortable as possible.
So it was another sunny day, according to the forecast, and you got on your bike. Then, sudden gray clouds appeared, and Voila! After several minutes of cycling in the rain, your feet are saturated, and all you can think of are waterproof shoes for cycling! You have heard it before. There is no such thing as terrible weather, simply lousy clothing.
You need two pieces of clothing to ensure you have dry clothes after cycling in rainy weather, a rain poncho, and a waterproof shoe. We already covered the seven best rain ponchos for cycling in our previous post. Now, it is time to write about the seven best waterproof shoes for cycling!
- 1. ECCO Exostride Low GTX – Best Waterproof Shoe for Formal Style
- 2. On Cloud Waterproof – Best Waterproof Shoe for Active Daily Life
- 3. The North Face Men’s Ultra 109 – Best Waterproof Shoe for Hiking
- 4. Adidas Terrex Swift R3 – Best Waterproof Shoe for Trail Running
- 5. Reebok Ridgerider 6 Gore-Tex – Best Waterproof Shoe for Sportive Style
- 6. Columbia Pivot – Best Waterproof Shoe for Budget Option
- 7. Brooks Ghost 14 GTX – Best Waterproof Shoe for Running
1. ECCO Exostride Low GTX – Best Waterproof Shoe for Formal Style
This lightweight outdoor-ready shoe from Ecco delivers a quick look from the trail to the street. It is made out of Yak leather which keeps your feet warm during cold weather and cool during hot weather. The arch support you get from the Ecco Exostride is impressive, so if you are struggling with orthopedical problems, this might be the best waterproof shoe you can get. Moreover, the shock absorption technology and the rubber outsole make it a decent option for hiking.
- Really comfortable and prevents overpronation thanks to the arch support
- Leather gives it a more formal style
- Highly durable materials
- Lightweight and breathable
- Leather produces lines easily
- Low ankle means the cold wind can get in while cycling
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
2. On Cloud Waterproof – Best Waterproof Shoe for Active Daily Life
Are you constantly on the move? Do you have a long list of errands to complete throughout the day? Regardless of the weather, On Cloud Waterproof will assist you in completing all of them. You will not have to halt in the middle of your journey if it starts to rain since the exterior mesh material is waterproof. Even though it isn’t the most breathable of sneakers, it will keep your feet toasty warm on a chilly, wet day!
On Cloud waterproof is one of those shoes that is light, easy to wear, and comfortable enough to wear every day. With its balanced traction and light and comfortable fit for the foot, these shoes will help you do it all, from jogging and workouts to traveling and surviving a wet day. If you are looking for an all-day comfortable option, this is the best waterproof shoe you can get.
- Ligthweight and comfortable for all day use
- Very durable materials
- Comes in 5 stylish colors
- Not the most breathable shoe out there
- Not suitable for cold weather
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
3. The North Face Men’s Ultra 109 – Best Waterproof Shoe for Hiking
If hiking and cycling are your best hobbies, we are about to introduce the best waterproof shoe you can get.
To begin with, it boasts a waterproof DryVent material that is both waterproof and windproof while still being breathable. The top has a PU-coated leather mudguard and performance mesh for durability without restricting airflow to your toes. A ghillie lacing method also helps to secure and stabilize your foot.
The Ultra 109 also has a durable toe cap that protects you from everything the trail throws at you. Finally, an OrthoLite Hybrid footbed consisting of recycled rubber and waste foam keeps your feet cool and dry even when your heart rate rises.
- Durable and rugged build quality
- Toe protection is useful for tough trails
- Arch support is not good enough
Seeven Score: 6 / 7
4. Adidas Terrex Swift R3 – Best Waterproof Shoe for Trail Running
The third shoe on our list, North Face, was the best waterproof shoe for hiking lovers, and now we have Adidas Terrex Swift R3 for those who like trail running. If you want to go running around the city as well, you can be assured that they will endure a less strenuous stroll through suburban streets.
The shoe itself is both breathable and waterproof, thanks to the Gore-Tex material. Then there’s the Traxion outsole from Adidas, which provides dependable traction on all types of surfaces. Moreover, rocks, roots, and other debris you could find on the route will not be a concern, thanks to the protective toe cover.
It might feel heavy, but it will not cause any disturbance to your pedaling. Finally, the abrasion-resistant mesh material ensures that the Adidas Terrex Swift R3 will last a long time. This might be the best waterproof shoe for cycling if trail running is your side-hobby.
- Toe cover helps with tough surfaces
- Arch support is perfect for running
- Durable materail
- Not the best against windy weathers
- A bit heavy
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
5. Reebok Ridgerider 6 Gore-Tex – Best Waterproof Shoe for Sportive Style
These men’s Reebok sneakers keep you sure-footed on varied terrain, whether you’re strolling the trails in a wooded park or the uneven sidewalks in your neighborhood. The upper part is made of ripstop and mesh and features a Gore-Tex waterproof inner to keep your feet dry when the skies open up. Moreover, the gripped outsole offers solid traction if you want to go hiking with Reebox Ridgerider 6.
The sporty-rugged look is easy to pair with any clothing in your wardrobe, and the cushioned button will keep you comfortable all day. This is the best waterproof shoe you can get if you are looking for sportive styled daily shoes.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Provides good grip for those who like hiking
- Affordable price
- Good for overpronation
- The insole is not very durable
Seeven Score: 7 / 7
6. Columbia Pivot – Best Waterproof Shoe for Budget Option
Columbia Pivot is a waterproof shoe that is also friendly to your budget, meaning that it will protect you from the wet weather while keeping your wallet fat. This shoe is stylish, athletic, and timeless, and it’s also relatively inexpensive.
These waterproof shoes are also really comfortable. You’ve got plenty of cushioning underfoot, which is excellent for rough trail terrain, and the Columbia’s characteristic non-marking traction rubber sole means you can wear these shoes on your bike as they will not slip away while you are pedaling. This is the best waterproof shoe out there if you are looking for a timeless style and a budget-friendly option.
- 7 stylish colors to pick from
- Cushioning keeps you comfortable in all terrains
- Affordable price
- Makes a squeaky sound on some floors
- Breathablity can be problem
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
7. Brooks Ghost 14 GTX – Best Waterproof Shoe for Running
Ghost 14 GTX will provide you with the comfort and flexibility you need to make your running track seem like a cloud. These shoes are waterproof and breathable, thanks to the Gore-Tex membrane. However, the tongue, midsole, and heels of the Ghost 14 provide extremely pleasant and velvety cushioning, making running seem breezy and light. Also, the midsoles are biodegradable, which is a huge benefit!
This is one of the most comfortable and flexible waterproof shoes for men due to the several elements that increase flexibility, such as the mesh top. Moreover, non-slippery materials will make sure you will be pedaling comfortably on your bike.
If you are using your bike for commuting and like to go running in your free time, this is the best waterproof shoe.
- Amazing support for your feet
- Carbon neutral production
- Front fit is good for those with a wide feet
- Feels a bit heavy
- Outsole is not that durable
Seeven Score: 6 / 7
Link: Brooks Running
And that’s it; these are the seven best waterproof shoes for cycling you can get in 2021. Hope this list helped you pick the correct waterproof shoe for cycling to make your daily commute more dry and comfortable. Don’t forget to check our list of the best rain ponchos for cycling if you want to make sure you stay totally dry while cycling!