Using your bike for your daily commute is usually the most relaxing way to work unless it is raining cats and dogs outside. Moreover, the perfect sunny sky can be quickly covered by dark clouds, and you can be caught in the middle of the rain, especially if you live in Europe. A good rain poncho can keep all your clothes dry no matter how heavy the rain is, and, luckily, there are lovely rain ponchos for cycling out there to keep you dry on those surprise rainy days.
Here are the seven best rain ponchos for cycling that you can use to make your cycling experience a dry and pleasant one.
- 1. The People’s Poncho – Best Rain Poncho for Cycling
- 2. VAUDE Cover II Poncho
- 3. Brooks Saddles Cambridge Rain Poncho
- 4. Otto London Cycling Rain Poncho
- 5. Cleverhood Classic Rain Poncho – The Fanciest Rain Poncho for Cycling
- 6. Rains Rain Poncho
- 7. Decathlon Btwin UC100 Rain Poncho – The Best Cheap Rain Poncho for Cycling
1. The People’s Poncho – Best Rain Poncho for Cycling
When it comes to rainy weather, no one can be more experienced than the British people. Moreover, they like to use their bikes for a daily commute, making the UK the perfect place to invent rain gear for cycling. This poncho from The People’s might be the best rain poncho for cycling that you can get, thanks to its well-thought features. From the handlebar clips to the inner waistband clip, this rain poncho is designed to keep cyclers safe and even under the heaviest rain thanks to its waterproof design that can stand up to 10.000mm/cm2 water pressure.
- Clever features makes it really comfortable for cycling
- It can be stored in the included small bag easily and very lightweight (460gr) to carry everyday
- It will keep you dry even in the heaviest rain
- Breathable design does not make you sweat
- Can be a bit short for tall people
Seeven Score: 7 / 7
Link: The People’s
2. VAUDE Cover II Poncho
Next, we have the Cover II poncho from VAUDE on the list. VAUDE is known for its outdoor products, and you can see their experience on this rain poncho as well. With excellent thought features like handlebar clips, elastic waist strap, and reflective materials, this might be the best rain poncho for cycling you can buy if you are looking for a loose-fit rain poncho.
- Handlebar clips and waist strap makes it perfect to use for cycling in windy weathers
- Loose fit makes it easy to wear over your backpack
- Hood can be a bit small to put over your helmet
- Cannot withstand a heavy rain
Seeven Score: 6 / 7
3. Brooks Saddles Cambridge Rain Poncho
This lightweight rain poncho from Brooks is designed to be carried on your saddle thanks to its smartly designed carrying pouch when you do not need it. It comes in four colors so you can find the one to your liking. Moreover, magnetic handlebar clips are handy to protect against the wind and keep you dry. On top of that, the adjustable wide hood makes it perfect to wear over your helmet, and all these reasons make it probably be the best rain poncho for cycling.
- Can withstand against heavy rain
- Really easy to carry under your saddle
- Loose fit allows you to wear over your backpack and helmet
- Magnetic handlebar clips can struggle against heavy wind
Seeven Score: 5.5 / 7
4. Otto London Cycling Rain Poncho
We have another brand from the UK on our list, and this one is also a lovely rain poncho for cycling. This rain poncho from Otto London comes with all the features you need to have a comfortable cycling experience. Its simple but stylish design makes the poncho look fabulous on you. If you are looking for a minimalistic and elegant option for your cycling time, this might be the best rain poncho for cycling.
- 5 colors to choose from
- Handlebar clips and waist strap are useful in windy weather
- Inside pocket is perfect to carry your sensetive stuff
- Slim fit makes it hard to wear over your backpack or helmet
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
Link: Otto London
5. Cleverhood Classic Rain Poncho – The Fanciest Rain Poncho for Cycling
When it comes to rain ponchos for cycling, Cleverhood was one of the pioneers in this market, and they have kept making one of the best rain ponchos since then. This is probably the most elegant rain poncho on our list, thanks to its plaid fabric. Moreover, it ticks all the necessary boxes to be a perfect rain poncho for cycling. Thus, this might be the best rain poncho for cycling for those looking for the fancy and extremely high-quality option.
- Handlebar clips and waist strap makes it durable aganist the heavy wind
- Can withstand heavy rain and also highly breathable
- Hood can fit under the helmet which makes it perfect for the vision
- Really stylish
- Very expensive
Seeven Score: 6 / 7
6. Rains Rain Poncho
As the name suggests, Rains is known for its waterproof and minimalistic items of clothing, and their rain poncho is no exception to that. Made from Rains’ signature waterproof fabric, this rain poncho can withstand the heaviest rain out there while keeping you perfectly dry. This is probably the best rain poncho for cycling that you can get if you are looking for a rain poncho with a minimalistic style.
- Can withstand heavy rain
- Handlebar clips and the adjustable hoody help with windy weather
- Has a simple looking but impressive style
- A bit expensive
- No waist straps makes it a bit tough to wear in windy weather
Seeven Score: 5.5 / 7
7. Decathlon Btwin UC100 Rain Poncho – The Best Cheap Rain Poncho for Cycling
Last on our list, we have the Btwin UC100 rain poncho from Decathlon. Decathlon is famous for its ability to produce low-cost, high-quality products for any sports and this rain poncho is a perfect example of that. The included poncho makes it easy to carry in your backpack so that you will always have a rain poncho with you for the surprise rains. If you are looking for a compact rain poncho that you can carry in your backpack like a backup umbrella, then this is the best rain poncho for cycling you can get.
- Really affordable price
- Leg and handlebar clips help with the windy weathers
- Extremely compact thanks to the included pouch
- Not the best in the strong wind
- Cannot withstand against heavy rain
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
And that’s it; these are the seven best rain ponchos for cycling you can get in 2021. Hope this list helped you to prepare your cycling gear with the best rain poncho. Don’t forget to check our list of the best meal prep containers if you want to bring your meal with you on your cycling trips.