It is no doubt we want the best camera phone as our daily driver since photos are a huge part of our daily lives. When it comes to choosing the best camera phone in 2021, we have a variety of options thanks to the advancement in phone cameras in recent years. So, cannot decide what is the best camera phone in 2021? We got you covered! Here are the seven best camera phones in 2021.
1. iPhone 13 Pro Max – the Best Video Camera Phone?
First, on our list of best phone cameras, we have iPhone 13 Pro Max from Apple. The latest addition to the iPhone line this year introduced what Apple calls the Cinematic Mode, and it makes the iPhone 13 Pro Max probably the best camera phone in 2021 for those who use their smartphone to record videos.
- Cinematic Mode is on another level for video recording
- Night mode produces beatiful photos
- Extremely fast and accurate autofocus
- Good battery performance
- Can struggle in high contrast scenes
- Not the best zoom camera
Seeven Score: 7 / 7
2. Google Pixel 6 Pro – the Best Android Camera Phone?
Google introduced their own Tensor SoC with Google Pixel 6 lineup. The software + hardware combination from Google made the Pixel 6 Pro one of the best camera phones in 2021 thanks to the advanced image processing. Moreover, this enabled Google Photo services such as Magic Eraser, a tool to remove anything from a picture, to perform impressively. It is probably the best camera phone in 2021 for Android lovers!
- Affordable price, even better with non-pro version
- Amazing battery life
- Very good low light performance
- Really sharp and detailed photos
- A bit bulky and slippery design
- Fingerprint sensor is a bit slow
Seeven Score: 7 / 7
3. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If you like a big-screen Android phone, then this might be the best camera phone for you! Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra excels at zoom thanks to its 3x and 10x zoom lenses on the back. You can also get the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with the optional S-Pen, which makes it the best camera phone out there for those who like to do some drawing on their phone!
- Excellent zoom performance
- Optional S-Pen can make it tablet-like
- Exynos version performs worse
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
4. Huawei P50 Pro
Next on the list, we have the P50 Pro from Huawei. Huawei made an interesting decision about not including the 5G on P50 Pro, so it might be a deal-breaker for some people. However, if you are looking for the best camera phone that you can get right now, this is probably the phone as it got the highest score in DXOMARK’s smartphone camera leaderboard.
- Nice video stabilization
- Really good photo performance in all conditions
- High refresh-rate OLED screen
- No Google services
- No 5G support
Seeven Score: 4 / 7
5. Sony Xperia Pro-I – the Best Camera Phone with a Real Camera Sensor
This is probably the craziest camera phone we have on the list. Sony Xperia Pro-I is not an ordinary smartphone, it is a camera with smartphone capabilities according to Sony’s wording. It has a real camera sensor, 1″-Type Sony, and that makes it the best camera phone you can get if you are looking for professional camera performance. However, it is important to note this is not a phone for everyone as the performance of the camera depends on the knowledge of the user.
- Includes a real camera sensor
- Comes with a 3.5mm jack
- Superb photo performance in almost all conditions
- Really expensive
- Need to have deep understanding of photography to utilize the camera sensor
Seeven Score: 6.5 / 7
6. OnePlus 9 Pro
Next on the list, we have the OnePlus 9 Pro. Despite its launch as an affordably priced phone company, OnePlus pumped up both its smartphone and pricing game in recent years. The OnePlus 9 Pro comes up with an impressive set of features as expected from a flagship phone. It might be the best camera phone if you are looking for a simple and clean design both on the hardware and software sides.
- High refresh-rate and resolution screen
- One of the cleanest Android UIs
- Good video performance
- Autofocus can fail occasionally
- Photos can be overprocessed from time to time
Seeven Score: 5.5 / 7
7. Google Pixel 5a
Finally, we have the cheapest camera phone, Google Pixel 5a, on our list. This might be the best camera phone for you if you are looking for a budget option. Google made this phone as a mid-range option and did not include the highest-end hardware inside. However, the software giants made sure the phone runs smoothly in almost all cases and provides an impressive camera performance thanks to the advanced image processing.
- Really affordable price
- Good battery life
- Nice camera performance thanks to the advanced image processing
- Outdated hardware inside
- Might be hard to find
Seeven Score: 5 / 7
And that’s it; these are the seven best camera phones you can get in 2021. Hope this list helped you pick the next camera phone for your pocket! Don’t forget to check our list of the best iPhone 13 cases!